Saturday, May 31, 2014

Living On The Edge Of Addiction

The Fine Line

Do you think you are living on the edge of addiction, or do you think that an addiction won't grab you and take you to a place you will never forget?
If you think you have a problem with drinking alcohol, how close do you think you are to being addicted to the alcohol and not being able to stop at that line of just drinking sociable to being addicted and abusive?
There is that fine line "in my opinion" of just drinking alcohol socially, to abusing alcohol to the point that you need it everyday of your life.
Which person do you think you are? The social drinker every once in a while or do you need it everyday of your life? I can tell you that in my case I started out drinking as an experiment with my friends and before you knew it I like it so much that I wanted it to be a part of my everyday life because of the feeling alcohol gave me. I am very sure there are thousands upon thousands of people that did the same thing and before you knew it you were addicted to the one thing that can and will ruin our lives.

Which Side of the Line Are You on ?

Do you know which side of the line you are on? Can you honestly say you don't have an addiction to alcohol, or are you living in a world of denial?
So many of us that drink alcohol think to ourselves we don't have an addiction to alcohol even though many people tell us we have a problem. I was the same way years ago thinking everyone was nuts thinking I have a alcohol problem. I clearly thought there was no problem at all, until one day I stopped and took a real hard look at my life and where my life was heading.
I saw that things were starting not to work out the way I thought they should when I was planning something to do or accomplish. I realized there was something wrong in my life , but still never wanted to admit it had to do with the alcohol I was drinking.
Now the problem was, what I was going to do about this so called addition to alcohol I had? You know, none of us that drink and abuse alcohol are stupid people by any means. Where all are smart enough to realize that we have a problem, but the thing is, we just don't want to admit it and get out of the denial we are living in. The reason is that the buzz and feeling that alcohol gives us make us feels so nice and we are the happiest person alive, (or are we). But in some case the alcohol makes others act like a mad man full of argue.and rage after they get enough alcohol into their system. Those are the ones that should never ever drink! They bring harm to them self and to innocent others as well.
Once you get out of denial and start to see the true life you were living is when you can start to make a change in your life from addiction to sobriety. Please never think sobriety is bad or something that will hurt you just because you remember all the fun times you had drinking alcohol and you wonder and think that sobriety is not fun and never will be. The is so untrue, because sobriety will indeed make you life and all those around you be the happiest time in your life.
So please think long and hard of what you are doing to your life if you cross over that fine line to addiction. Your body, and all those that love and care so much for you will be the happiest people in the world if you take that huge step backwardsfrom that line of addiction you are about to cross.
Never give up hope on yourself, and always remain positive in everything you do in life and that includes getting and staying sober. Remember, sobriety will never hurt or kill you, it's the addiction to alcohol that will shorten your life, and in time kill you if you don't have the strength and the willingness to give up drinking alcohol and live the life of sobriety that you deserve so much.
Believe me once you get a taste of living life sober you will wish you never started to abuse alcohol.

1 comment:

  1. Good advice here Mark. I am a happy social drinker, but I know what you mean. There are a lot of people who get angry and rowdy when they start drinking. It could lead to trouble especially at clubs picking fights with other people and throwing beer bottles injuring others. not your case I know just saying. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on this blog. I hope these articles will help those that are suffering with an addiction to drugs or alcohol.