Tuesday, October 9, 2012

How To Stay Positive When You Are Trying To Stop Drinking Alcohol

So many people that have an addiction to alcohol deep down want to get and stay sober, but most have a negative attitude thinking they will never be able to stop drinking alcohol.

This is how to stay positive when you are trying to stop drinking alcohol and it worked for me and hopefully it will work for all those that want sobriety back into their lives.

I stopped drinking alcohol completely and doing it cold turkey on October 27, 2009.  I felt that I would have a hard time getting sober, but that was the negativity in my mind talking to me.

WHAT I DID AND WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO STOP DRINKING

First and foremost, I and (you) need to want sobriety bad enough that you are willing to do anything to get and stay sober!  That is first, because if you don't have sobriety in your heart and soul you will have a tough time even getting to the point of quitting drinking.

You can not stop drinking just because you are threatened or forced to stop your addiction to alcohol.  By being forced into stopping anything in life you will not make it, because it is not really what you want, it is what others want out of you.  You may know that you are doing wrong by drinking alcohol, but you need to want your sobriety and not be forced into it.  if you are not ready to change you own life than no matter what anyone says to you it will not work.

Granted, you may stop drinking to make peace in the family, but that will not last and will not be long term sobriety all because you are not ready to be sober for the rest of your life.  I know because I did stop drinking a couple times, but for a short period of time and then I went right back to drinking when something went wrong and my life and I felt alcohol would ease all pain and fix all problems.  That is not the case at all for me and for any of you that has an addiction to alcohol.  ALCOHOL FIXES NOTHING IN ANYONE'S LIFE, it only make matters worse in the end.

When I finally made my mind up on my own that something had to be done about my addiction to alcohol , I sat down alone and thought of all the things I missed out on in life because I put alcohol before anything else and sometimes my own family.  When I thought hard about what I have done, not only to my health and my body, but all those that loved and cared for me and what I was doing to them and to myself.

I changed my outlook on life and made it a positive attitude in which being positive helped me so much in starting my journey to long term sobriety.  I know any of you that have an addiction to not only alcohol, but drugs can beat that addiction just as I did three years ago and still going strong in staying sober.

Think of all the foolish things you have done in you drunken state of mind and how you feel each and every morning being hungover and waiting for the time to have you r first drink of that new day.

It is a miserable life thinking, waiting and wanting that drink of alcohol to help you get through the day.  We are all killing ourselves slowly, but surly and the demons don't give a crap, believe me.

Think of what you may lose if you don't stop drinking alcohol.  One thing may being your loving family and close and dear friends that DON"T abuse alcohol.  Think that sooner or later your addiction will catch up with you and you body will start to shut down one body part at a time, or in some case all at once.

Think of what you will miss out on if you continue to drink and abuse alcohol such as you child or children getting married and having their own family.  Your grandchildren that you will never see grow up and just life in general.  Life is so precious and why we abuse it is beyond me.  

Remember, we are only here a short time on Earth and we have but only one life to live, so take care of your body and enjoy life the way GOD intended us to do.
So, first you need to want sobriety in your life.  You need to stay positive in anything you do in life and that includes getting and staying sober.  Ask for HELP to get and stay sober.  If you feel you can not get sober on your own, there are thousands of excellent Rehab. Centers all over the world just waiting for you and wanting to help you change your life forever, but like I said YOU need to want sobriety first!

Don't be embarrassed of you addiction.  Be open to others and tell them you are stopping drinking.  Many will admire you for what you are about to do and then, those that you have drank alcohol with will try and stop you for changing your life and getting sober.  Why you may ask? They will then lose a great drinking partner and lose a friend or they really true friends or just people that you have something in common with and that is drinking you lives away?

HERE IS MY eBOOK AND MY LIFE OF ALCOHOL ADDICTION.

CHECK OUT THIS SITE I WRITE ON, CALLED HUBPAGES.  I HAVE OVER 300 ARTICLES ABOUT ALCOHOL ADDICTION AND HAVING A HAPPY LIFE.

MY OTHER BLOG, CALLED THE CLEAN LIFE.

WORD PRESS, LIVING LIFE SOBER.

EZINE ARTICLES

ABOVE LINKS ARE PLENTY OF READING FOR YOU TO READ REGARDING STOPPING DRINKING AND LIVING A HAPPY AND FULFILLING LIFE.  LEARN BY YOUR MISTAKES AS I DID! I WRITE TO HELP OTHERS REALIZE THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE FOR SOBRIETY IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR LIFE.

STAY STRONG TO YOURSELF. STAY POSITIVE. BELIEVE AND LOVE YOURSELF AND STAY SOBER. YOU WILL NEVER GO WRONG WITH A LIFE OF SOBRIETY!

2 comments:

  1. Breaking free of addiction to whatever your drug of choice or emotion crutch is usually a slow process, sometimes crawling personal process. Also addictions like a relationship junky or food junky or whatever can be more hidden but the pain is as intense and often has less support groups. But I find first there has to be a relationship with God and slowly an inner strength starts to develop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, thank you for reading and commenting on this article. God indeed has helped me not only to surrender to my addiction. but keep me strong that I will never go back to the horrible days of my alcohol addiction.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting on this blog. I hope these articles will help those that are suffering with an addiction to drugs or alcohol.